Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas lights

Soz, a quickie before I head to bed so I can wake up on time for work tomorrow.

We went to this area where the neighbourhood went all out on the Christmas deco. There were a lot of other random people walking around taking pictures so we are not as touristy as we thought. Or maybe we are. Apa saya cakap ni, letihnye aku

They even had Jingle Bell Rock blasting from outdoor speakers. Who does this! And apparently they had guests into the house at one point and a group of Azns thought they were opening the house for public viewing... so they went up to the front door, ready to go in... only to be disappointed. HAHA

That's us with Takahiro, nickname Tako. He's from Japan. We recently got to know him better and he's pretty fun to hang around with, despite the language barrier. His English is really bad but it's getting better, heh. We're going with him and Natalia to watch a basketball game on Monday, how fun!



Random candy canes lining their yard. And check out the gingerbread men!
By the way, the pair of jeans I'm wearing is from Forever21, and I got it for like, USD9.50. SO CHEAP RIGHT. So I went back and bought another pair in a slightly lighter shade.

I think if this happens in Malaysia, the deco will only last for a day. Until some illegal immigrant jumps over your gate to steal it for besi buruk.

And then on Tuesday it was Shen's birthday so I spent her a meal of Thai food in Chinatown.

I had tom yum goong and it was AWESOME. Just the spicy kick I needed to last me for a week or two. And the scarf I'm wearing is from H&M, for $3. Hoodie from Aeropostale for $15. I love shopping here!

I just came back from a Christmas play at Sandra's church, where she and her youngest daughter sang in the choir. So Mom and Dad and Dorothy if you're reading this, yes, I went to church. But I don't think I'll be joining them for church service there, because I don't think the church is the kind that is good for me. Might go look for another one when I'm properly settled in or more confident with taking public transport alone.

Before the Christmas play, Gordon took Takahiro and I to the premium outlet stores. They had SUPER CHEAP stuff from Gap and Guess and Juicy Couture and Burberry and Coach and Nike and you get the drift. So if you want anything from a premium label, I can get it for you. All you need is to ask. And T/T money to me of course. Hehe.

And something interesting happened while we were there. Takahiro wanted to get a wallet in Gucci (around $119 according to him) and while he was there, there was an attempted robbery that happened right in front of him! Apparently the dude wanted to steal some Gucci bags with a scissors. A freaking scissors. So lame. Anyway the security guard tackled him and Takahiro, like a real Japanese, stood there and took pictures with his camera phone. Hahaha! The police came and all and in the end he didn't get to buy his wallet. Aww.

So I'll be working tomorrow, and I'm really dreading it. I am thinking of telling the manager to transfer me to cashier duty or something, but like. Sandwich making is fun if my coworkers are not breathing down my neck everytime I'm doing something.

But yeah, till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment