Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"But she didn't prepare the salad..."

Today was the second day of my training at Westfield. It was equally as hectic, but more pressure was put on me because apparently I should be making sandwiches at the speed of light and getting the orders correct. Pfft. I screwed up a lot. I think I wasted a lot of food. But then again better make mistakes now than later, right.

So yeah today I got reprimanded by a customer and it wasn't even my fault. A woman came over to me after I handed out her food to her 5 minutes ago and complained that there wasn't dressing on her salad. I checked, saw a hint of ranch dressing but dismissed the fact. "Okay," I said, "What dressing do you want? I'll go get some for you."

"What dressing do you think this salad comes with?" She hissed. "I've been buying this so many times and there's no dressing in my salad! I want to speak to your manager. I don't care. Let me speak to your manager."

Lei yao mou gao chor.

So we got Oscar to speak to her (and he pushed me away from the crossfire by asking me to check on the fryer) and he said, get this. "Mam, there IS dressing in your salad. Look."

"NO. I TASTED IT AND THERE'S NO DRESSING. WHAT KIND OF ESTABLISHMENT IS THIS. HOW CAN SHE NOT PUT DRESSING IN MY SALAD!!!"

"Mam. But she didn't prepare the salad."

HAHAHA BURRRRNNN YOU LOU TAI TAI

And the el stupido thing about the entire ordeal was that she was standing at the counter the entire time, waiting for her food so she obviously saw me standing there for quite a while, handing out food to the ones in line. How in the world can I actually prepare the salad? WITH MY MIND? Bravo, piecing things together. Geez.

Anyway. Other than that, work has been really hectic. Towards the end I felt like I really wanted to go home. Home as in Malaysia home. Where I can relax. And not think about how many ounces of beef should I put in different sandwiches.

Natalia from Brazil is now here, and she's dead asleep, probably from her flight. She'll be working at my outlet. She can speak Spanish, so I guess I'll still remain as the most incompetent and underperforming worker, because 90% of the time, the workers at the food line are talking in Spanish. It is extremely frustrating because I don't like not knowing things, nor do I like standing around being useless.

Maybe I SHOULD just transfer to the Metreon outlet. Haha YEAH RIGHT.

Plus since today was Shen Yee's birthday, we went for some Thai food in Chinatown and had drinks at home after with Takahiro and Jason. Got to know them more and they ARE funny guys. Aww.

My eyes are closing on me. Till tomorrow, or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment