Monday, December 13, 2010

Actual first day

HAHA.

So I had my first day at my actual assigned Buckhorn outlet. One word. HECTIC.

I have never seen so many sandwiches made in such a short amount of time. The following is a list of sandwiches offered at my outlet.

  1. Big Buck
  2. Little Buck
  3. Philly buck
  4. Bacon and cheddar buck
  5. Roadhouse buck
  6. Chipotle border buck
And that doesn't even include the salmon sandwich and the other chicken sandwiches. And I'm sure I missed out one or two beef sandwiches. Meh.

OH. And besides the sandwiches, we have beef platters, combo platters, and like. Another wide array of salad dishes. Fulamak.

And the restaurant has a policy that if your food doesn't come in 5 minutes, it's completely free. So we have to hustle.

I tried my hand at sandwiches and manning the fryer. Coating onions are funnnnn! At one point I think the guy handling the char-broiling of tri-tips kinda stood there watching me bewilderedly as I sprinkled flour on the onions like I'm sprinkling fairy dust. Ngeeeee!

The employees are really friendly too. I was kinda skeptical because my first impression of them was that they were very busy and easily annoyed people, but once I got to know them, they're a lovely bunch. I hope that prolongs till I'm done with my contract. Heh. Plus they generally speak in Spanish so I am hoping I'll come back to Malaysia with a Spanish accent to my English. How freaking awesome will that be. :D

The best part about this job? The free food. So basically it's like McDs, where they give you a sandwich/burger, fries and a drink for a combo meal. But at Buckhorn, you can substitute fries for mash potato, salad, roadhouse onions, or even sweet potato fries. So since their servings are big, I either eat the side or sandwich for lunch and keep the other for my dinner. Save money the el cheapo way, I laik!

So yeah I think that's about it. More stories to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment