Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's my last week!

So I'm in the middle of my final week in San Francisco. It has been a good run, and I am really going to miss this lovely city. But then again I'm looking forward to travelling around so like.. half-half lah.

I am planning to visit Haight Ashbury later to get some souvenirs. I have to run my errands alone because

1. Shen's going to be out of town, and she's always working anyway
2. Roman, who said he will be "totally free" during his spring break, now has to go to work for most of the day
3. Janis has class
4. SzeMing has stomach problems (wth that's such a ZimSen-ny excuse)

I seriously wish Natalia was still here so she can accompany me with all these things that I don't feel like doing but have to do. Blehs.

Some random pictures since last week

Yerba Buena gardens and its cherry blossom trees. So pretty

Checked out the Cartoon Art Museum. Total ripoff. It's better to go when they have free entrance day. Otherwise... bleh.


Walked around the Financial District. Even when there wasn't really anything to do, I loved walking past the looming buildings with its amazing architecture, listening to John Mayer and whatnot

Had clam chowder at Boudin Bakery & Cafe. Apparently it's quite popular here in San Francisco... But yeah it's hella good

Financial District again


WAIT Rancangan tergendala sebentar. My dumbass roommate is cursing to himself and he just called his girlfriend a dumbass over the phone. WOW. Kids today I tell you. Wait a while so I can pause typing and glare at him kejap

Okay back to the photos

Some weird protest thing going on in front of the Metreon. I was chilling at Starbucks since Roman had issues with his phone (hence us not spending the weekend together as planned dayumnn) and ZimSen had some other issues to attend to, so SzeMing and him would only be spending dinner with me. Walao. I walked the entire Financial District alone because NO ONE was available to teman me FML

So I walked to Chinatown too. Ahh I'm gonna miss this place... It's so colourful and tourist trappy that there's so much to see at every corner.

So karrerfu

Then we had Indonesian at Borobudur Restaurant then headed to 4th Street Bar for some green beer

Okay so it was only ZimSen who had it. Apparently it tastes like... *drumrolls* beer. Heh. It's just a few drops of colouring, said the bartenderess. She looked at us funny when we kept insisting on ordering one.. until she gave in to us Asian-folk



Then on Saturday I finally got a hold of Roman (who finally got himself a new phone) and we went to Fisherman's Wharf cos I hadn't had crab at Pier 39 before

While waiting for the old school train to get us. Or in Andy's terms, The Gay Train. HOW IS THIS TRAIN GAY YOU TELL ME

Waiting for more than half an hour for the stupid train. Roman was getting extra jumpy because there was one train that came and didn't let us on board because it was too full, so we had to wait for the next one.

He finally snatched the camera out of my hands so he could take a picture of me with "Americans" in the background. I love how people are so big size here. It makes me slimmer in comparison hecks yeahhh

The train finally came! :D

The crabs were too expensive (I'm figuring the season's already over FML) so we grabbed some clam chowdahh in a bread bowl. It's like the Frisco version of Malaysian roadside cendol... only this one warms you up on a windy day.



We were hungry so we found a classy diner on the way back from the pier. He had sliders, I had grilled chicken sataaaaaayyyyyy! Kinda sucked cos it's too dry, so I let him finish it


Met up with Janis on Monday and we tried the Jap fusion restaurant on the bridge connecting the two JapanTown buildings. I had scallop curry with rice.

Nomnomnom

After that Janis and I chatted over roadhouse onions and beer at Shen's workplace. Gosh I miss those yummy fried things!

Walked to Alamo Square ALONE since Roman had to go in for work. It was nice though, looking at the old fashioned houses, this time listening to Adele. I wonder how much people pay to live in those houses. And won't it be fun to have tourists taking pictures of your house all the time? So rockstar wei.


Aaaaand finally (phew that was a lot of pictures) last night Roman felt like eating in, so he cooked me some spaghetti and prepared bruschetta and poured red wine. Then we had Cherry Garcia for dessert mm-mm-mmmmm..

Yeah the whole time he was cooking, I just stood there blocking the way. I found his sink to be stacked with dishes so as to not look like a useless person, I proceeded to washing the dishes. Then later found out those weren't even HIS to begin with, it was his housemate's. FML

The food was niiiice. :) Fresh mozzarella FTW

The treacherous flight of stairs up to my house that I'm going to miss. Thanks to this old school exercise track, I have a smaller butt (or at least I hope it is)


Okay time to go out. Till next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment