Sunday, March 20, 2011

Yosemite Park

So about three weeks ago, I went to Yosemite Park with Andy and Giuseppe, my German speaking housemates. I basically went just to be the "gaybreaker" of the duo, and since I had my weekend off I must as well just tag along.

Giuseppe rented an Audi to drive us four hours up to the mountains. He said that there wasn't any fixed plans, and we were supposed to just go with the flow. "If you don't plan anything, you won't have expectations, then you won't be let down," he jested as he steered up the winding road. So when we got there at 11 something at night, most of the inns were closed or were full. Thank God we found one set deep into a camping site, because Giuseppe almost wanted us to sleep in the car T___T

The morning after:

DSC00326
The view from outside our room.

DSC00324
The sun was shining, so we chilled at the parking lot after packing our stuff into the trunk (or kaufelaumb in German) so that Andy and Giuseppe could have a smoke before setting off into the park.


DSC00329
Snow, glorious snow!


DSC00332
I love how it reminds me of my trip up to Banff in Calgary. Although this time it's less cold. Cold, but not as cold as I remembered Calgary to be.


DSC00341
Barren trees.



DSC00350
We stopped at the side of a road to take pictures (and so that the boys can have a cigarette break) while I chucked snow around. Like a kid.


DSC00357
It was pretty misty everywhere, so a lot of pictures didn't come out well. :(



DSC00361
See what I mean?! But it still looks pretty impressive. Not as pretty as the Canadian Rockies, but still gorgeous. It's views like these that I am reminded of God's pure awesomeness.


DSC00379
We stopped at a waterfall because... we were sick of sitting in the car. LOL. So up the short trek we went.


DSC00374
The Bridalveil fall. It was COLD up there. And I was wearing Converse sneakers while the other experienced angmohs were in snow gear. Literally. Snow boots. And this Malaysian girl wore rubber soled shoes like a noob.


DSC00377
Sweet silent serenity. Too bad the boys weren't much of picture takers, or else I would do a Multiple Leeza picture or something.


DSC00381
There was this polite angmoh lady who told me to be careful as I hiked up the hill to the waterfalls. She even helped me up when I looked like I was going to slip. I love polite angmoh ladies!

DSC00387
Pretty impressive, huh.


Oh then something very unfortunate happened after this picture. You see, I'm not much of a gadgety person (I didn't know how to use an iPod before buying one for myself.. which explains why I didn't get a touch screen phone before my Nokia E63) so I COMPLETELY FORGOT to charge my camera before this.

Yeah.

So like.

SADS.

But Giuseppe took a lot of pictures on his DSLR.. though he hasn't given them to me yet. Bah. :(



All in all it was a very relaxing trip. The guys were pretty contented with only driving around for the day, so we made our way back home instead of staying another night. That and also because we sort of got lost and found ourselves driving down the mountain instead of being on another route in Yosemite HAHAHA

It's funny cos I didn't really want to go to Yosemite because I am not a very nature-loving person (city chick born and raised babeh) so of course I felt content even though we didn't get to see as much as there was to offer.

Dad would like Yosemite fo-sho.

No comments:

Post a Comment