Sunday, March 27, 2011

Last Day Of Work

I went to work last Friday and Julissa told me they weren't opening for Spring Break as planned. So it was my last day that Friday. With a heavy heart, I wiped down the counters and the refridgerators for the last time, stocked the forks for the last time, drank Bombay Chai for the last time, and swept the floor for the last time.

I really wish I started working there earlier, because they are heaps of fun! It really felt like a family to me, since the cafe was so small and the lines cooks, Ruben and Cesar were really really nice to me. Plus Julissa and Robert were lightyears better than my previous manager. Even my replacement, Megan, was really nice. Gosh. If only I could extend my visa for a few more months!

DSC00484
Candace, Ruben, Cesar and I.

DSC00485
Candaaaaaace! Every time I see the word "hella", I'm reminded of her. I am really going to miss her wacky sense of humor and her whiny singing. Haha!

DSC00486
Ruben! No matter how limited his English vocabulary was, we bonded a good bit over his crush, and how he wanted to ask her out on a date, to how he confessed to her and stuff. He's super nice!

DSC00487
Cesar came a week after I started, since the previous line cook got fired for being too slow (which kinda freaked me out a bit) and he's been calling me "Beauty" or "Double Beauty" HAHA. To which I will respond "guapo", which means good looking guy in Spanish.




DSC00490
Robert and Julissa! Which reminds me, I should get a gift for their baby. Julissa's due in May, and it's really too bad I can't be there to see the newborn :(


It's been so much fun working with them, that when I hugged each of them goodbye, I almost burst into tears. They really turned my mood on the working part of my trip around. I used to hate going to work at Buckhorn, but at Jessie's, I look forward to boarding the Muni to SF State. Unless it's raining that day. Because who wants to travel to work in the rain.

Arrgh I love you guys to bits!

No comments:

Post a Comment