Friday, April 1, 2011

More Alamo Square and Baker's Beach

It's surreal to think that I won't be able to see these houses any more... or any time soon, if I am planning to return to this enchanting city.





I always have this idea in my head that one of the Charmed sisters (Prue, Phoebe, Piper or Paige, for those of you who didn't grow up trying to avoid watching the TV series) coming out of these Victorian-esque houses.

It was sunny yesterday and Roman was working the whole day (and soon the whole night) so I dragged SzeMing out to Baker's Beach.

We had to hike down this steep path to get to the beach. Everyone was in bikinis or something summery, while SzeMing and I, afraid that there might be a sudden change in weather, were in JEANS (and for his case, a hoodie). Goodness gracious.

Plus since I knew SzeMing couldn't stay for long, I didn't bother packing anything. He did, but he forgot. So we lay down on the sand without a blanket, watching forlornly as the group next to us sipped happily on their Sierra Nevadas.

Guy in front of me that looked like Roman. LOL. I think as angmohs look at Asians and think we all look the same, it's the same thing the other way around.

But as the dude got up, I realised it's not him. HAHA. If it was him.. walao. One swift kick to send him flying into the crashing waves.


The SzeMing, being the supernice guide/teman-er as he is, brought me to have pho since I was whining about how everyone is so busy and I'm left doing stuff alone. #foreveralone

It tastes like wantan mee in curry laksa OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Plus we had Thai Tea. Yummms


I was supposed to go to the museum with Roman today, but since he's ALWAYS working (ugh) I suppose I'll just wander around the city alone AGAIN.

I mean I love this city and all, but like this is ridiculous! It's crazy impossible to find people to hang out with me. Mainly because I don't know enough people. Sads. I wish all my friends were here, then I would be INSANELY happy.

Maybe I'll attempt another visit to Haight.

No comments:

Post a Comment